a. The management of the group is vested in the Steering Committee. The Steering Committee shall consist of five members, with at least three members representing US electric utilities.
b. The Chair of the Steering Committee shall be selected from, and represent a consensus vote of the Steering Committee members after each group meeting.
c. A term on the Steering Committee is defined as the period of time between meetings. Steering Committee members should not serve more than two consecutive terms.
d. New members of the Steering Committee are to be chosen from membership volunteers by the existing Steering Committee prior to group meetings.
e. Responsibilities of the Steering Committee include:
- Support the “Mission and Objectives” of NUMUG
- Solicit industry-wide representation and participation.
- Maintain and distribute a Membership Roster.
- Solicit suggestions for group activities and support implementation of NUMUG activities.
- Keep membership informed of group activities via NUMUG server, e-mail, regular mail and group meetings.
- Plan and publicize group meetings.
- Maintain a financial record of NUMUG, in support of its tax-exempt status.
- Update IRS records with revisions to NUMUG’s Charter.
- Select a Treasurer from NUMUG membership to handle NUMUG funds, any bank account(s) and financial record keeping.
f. The Treasurer shall serve for 3 terms, where a term is defined as the period between group meetings. If the Office of Treasurer becomes vacant, the Steering Committee shall appoint a new Treasurer for a period of 3 terms.